Friday, February 24, 2012

40 line

Dear Narendra
Here is my 40 line story!

5:00 pm in the evening, I got a call from my mother. She asked me if I wanted to come to Bombay the next day early in the morning. Restless and tired of staying at home, my spontaneous reaction was a "YES"! She booked the ticket, told me the time of departure and sent me the PDF. I printed the ticket and chucked it in my bag, packed my bags and went to sleep. Dad woke me up next morning at six, stuffing the sandwich he made for me in my mouth. He pulled me with my bag and made me sit on the bike. With me and my bag, he took the bike zipped to the airport on that cold winter morning. Both dad and I were shivering. The weatherman had reported the morning to be at 2 degrees centigrade. We cut through the traffic and took the shortest road possible to get from East Delhi to West Delhi. After an hour and a half, we reached the airport. My father dropped me off at the entrance; kissed me goodbye and from there the airport shuttle bus dropped me to the departure gate. I ran with my bag to the check-in counter and showed them my ticket. She looked at the ticket with a puzzled look on her face. She said, "Sir this flight has already taken off sir. You've missed your flight". The moment I heard that, I felt like a huge canon ball had been fired onto my stomach. I had never ever missed anything in my entire life and I had no clue how to deal with what I had just heard. I asked the lovely lady, "Ma'am please try and put me in the next kingfisher flight to Mumbai please! I am a minor and I need to go and meet my mother! PLEASE help me out, PLEASE"! The lady smiled and said, "Don't worry sir; we have special policies of service for minors". She quickly looked through the available flights and after 15-20 minutes, printed out a boarding pass for me. She asked me to run to gate number 60 as the flight was boarding in 15 minutes. I snatched the boarding pass from her hand and rushed to the boarding gate. I finally reached the aircraft and I finally got some air to breath. I looked at my boarding pass to see where my seat was and I was bloody overwhelmed. I WAS NEVER EVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE BEEN UPGRADED TO BUSINESS CLASS. I could feel the peace and tranquillity from inside. The beautiful air hostess guided me to me seat and brought me hot towels. It felt like heaven after the long bike ride early in the morning at 2 degrees centigrade. The moment I had my luxurious breakfast, I blissfully crashed on the lazy chair and went into the endless world of dreams. God that flight was the most ecstatic every!



I sent you the story in the email in case the attachment does not work


Thankyou 
Nihar Apte

No comments:

Post a Comment